Thank you for Stopping

14 Then he said, ‘The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and hear the voice of His mouth. 15 For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
Acts 22:14-15 

 A couple weeks ago my sister and I ventured out on a snowy morning to go to the store. On the way there we witnesses an accident, (fender bender) We'd never witnessed an accident before but I knew you weren't suppose to leave so we pulled off by the involved cars and waited until the police came. We were then asked to fill out a witness form stating exactly what we saw.  
We filled out the form, the whole thing not seeming to be that big of a deal, it was actually sort of an exciting first. Then while we waited the lady whose car had been hit came over to my window and began to pour out her gratitude once again over the fact that we had stayed. It hit me then that this seemingly small sacrifice of my time, meant the world to her and I couldn't help but think about how easy it could have been for us to have passed by. No one would have ever known.
Later I wondered if perhaps that was the only reason for which I had left the house.
What an honor to have been chosen by ...the God of our fathers...to...be His witnesses to all men...
 We have been chosen to see and hear Him, but no one would ever know if we just passed by. They need us to stop. Will you?

Comments

  1. Yes I will. May I have the eyes to see and the ears to hear what the Lord has for me each day that I do not pass by it in a hurry to get to who knows where.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte