Yes Joseph, He does.

The other day I was putting in a children’s Bible DVD for the kids, as a part of the Bible lesson I was teaching them. While I did this Joseph was remembering back to when we’d learned about Daniel and how God’s hand had written on the wall. (Daniel 5:13-31) He then turned to me and asked,
“Does the Lord have a long arm?”
I looked at him and immediately Numbers 11:23 came to mind, “Has the Lord’s arm been shortened?” I then replied, “Yes Joseph, He does [have a long arm]”
Unaware to me this conversation lingered dormant in my mind. Then yesterday I was creating a musical photo montage of our recent trip to see the Judge about finalizing my family’s most recent adoptions with U.S. birth certificates. A photo then came up of all us kids sitting together as the song said: That’s what faith can do, overcome the odds when you don’t have a chance, when the world says you can’t, it’ll tell you that you can.*
These words hit down deep, for this was the very same song that had been playing in Alexis and Abby’s bedroom as we waited for them to come home. I remembered back to when my parents had first asked China for a second little girl (Abby) and after weeks of "no decision" we faced the pain of letting go. I felt as though I’d lost a little sister.
“Has the Lord’s arm been shortened?”
A short time later our adoption agency called and said China had said “Yes.” we could have her!
A picture and a name that the world said would never be I now have the privilege to kiss goodnight.
And the Lord said to Moses, “Has the Lord’s arm been shortened? Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not.”
He is not a man that He should lie so what He says, He will do, whether it be opening up the heavens and moving mountains, or comforting us in trial we can be confident.
“Does the Lord have a long arm?”
“Yes Joseph, He does.”




*What Faith Can Do
By: Kutless
Album: It is Well



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte