The Screamin' Yellow Truck.

I was hiking this morning and as I crossed this open field I spotted something on the horizon. Stopping I squinted to see this little yellow speck. I thought for a moment in disbelief, Is that my car? I was almost a mile away! Perhaps this shouldn’t have shocked me for the shade of yellow with which my vehicle is painted, is called Screamin’ Yellow. (This is not a vehicle you lose in the parking lot!) When I got back to my car, I was surprised to find an Explorer parked next to me that look just like mine use to. It was a short, two tone teal and tan, possibly only a year newer than mine. I smiled as I looked at my lifted, yellow truck with big tires. The whole way home I marveled at the transformation. When I first got my car it was teal and tan with a crunched fender and backdoor and it was dead from a busted transmission. We had to tow it home but it being under a thousand dollars was in my fifteen year old price range and I was thrilled. The thing was an absolute mess! The inside looked like five tailgate parties had been spilled all over. The only thing of value was the cup holder loaded with loose change. We gutted the whole thing and fixed the crunched parts, which put it in the running for being the world’s ugliest car! Two tone, teal and tan with an occasional two tone, tan and brown part! Yet I didn’t even see it. I remember proudly driving it around, feeling as though it was already the coolest car in town, even though my image of it was still only in my imagination.
I can’t help but think this is what happened to me. I was an ugly dead heap that had been run into the ground, and yet Jesus came along and said I want to buy that one! It may be an unnoticed pile of rubbish to most but I see a life just waiting for My creative touch.
Jesus is like Screamin’ Yellow paint, when it is present in your life it can’t be missed. Even when you feel like you aren’t doing anything significant, it is still seen. Like my car, it was just sitting in a parking lot, but from a mile away it was the only vehicle you could make out.
My greatest desire is for Jesus to be seen in my life but sometimes it’s hard to tell if anyone really sees Him when I'm riding around on the inside.  
If your heart’s desire is like mine, be encouraged with me, Screamin’ Yellow is hard to miss.
Like the guy I saw, on my way home, walking his dogs in a pair of incredibly bright red pants. I may not remember his face but I’ll never forget those pants!

1 Arise, shine;
      For your light has come!
      And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
       2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
      And deep darkness the people;
      But the LORD will arise over you,
      And His glory will be seen upon you.

 Isaiah 60:1-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte