Never Give Up!

(This post is dedicated to all those who are waiting for a promise. Hang in there!)
I posted a while back about the air conditioning in my car, (The Air was Cold) I was talking about not listening to experience, (that told me my car would be hot but then it turned out to be cold.) Well the whole point basically was that we need to believe the word of the Lord (and that which He's promised us) over our past experiences.
Well just the same we need to believe the word of the Lord (and that which He's promised us) despite our present realities.
A week or so after that cold air incident I was driving home from a hike and the air did not cool down but was warm. My air conditioning was gone and in the physical sense there was disappointment at being in a hot car again but this occurrence hit me at a deeper level for the significance the cold air had held for me the other day. It was as if my experience was having the last laugh. Yet in that moment of great disappointment I refused to give up.
I was reminded again of this determination to never give up after watching my parents try and teach my five year old brother how to ride his bike. As with most first time bike lessons he fell down, and fell down, and fell down. The only thing my parents required of him was that he not quit because he was afraid. He didn’t have to be perfect or even good by the end of their practice session, but he couldn’t give up because he was afraid.
Sometimes we’re being obedient and doing everything that’s asked of us and still all seems to go wrong. The harder I press in to pray and believe the greater the resistance. This can be very discouraging yet I have to remember what those who have walked this road of faith longer than I have said. When you’re obedient and everything’s going bad you must be doing something good.
Soldiers meet the greatest resistance and enemy fire when they’re advancing and taking new territory.
It’s needed to believe the Lord over your experience but it’s also needed to believe the Lord over your reality.

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe,[a] all things are possible to him who believes.”
Mark 9:23

35 While He was still speaking, some came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house who said, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?”
36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.”
Mark 5:35-36

Today I was driving home from my sister’s house with all the windows of my car open and ice packs from the lunch I had brought her behind my back and in my pockets. As I drove I had to smile to myself for the heat was trying to oppose me but I wouldn’t cave to defeat.
We will surely lose heart if we live solely by what we see; instead let us live by Who we know.


Move
By Mercy Me (The Generous Mr. Lovewell

I'm not about to give up
Because I heard you say
There's gonna be brighter days
There's gonna be brighter days

I won’t stop, I’ll keep my head up
No, I'm not here to stay
There's gonna be brighter days
There's gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but I won’t break
As long as I can see your face

(Chorus)
When life won’t play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can’t seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won’t let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway

I'm gonna move (move)
I'm gonna move (move)
I'm gonna move (I'm gonna move)

I’ve got to hold 'er steady
Keep my head in the game
Everything is about to change
Everything is about to change

This hurt is getting heavy
But I'm not about to cave
Everything is about to change
There's gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but won’t break
As long as I can see your face

(Chorus)

No matter what may come
Gotta move to a different drum
No matter what life brings
Gotta move gotta move to a different beat (x2)


I just might bend but won’t break
As long as I can see your face

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte