Rock the Range 2011! Firsts and Familiars!

So on Sunday (28th) My sisters and I went down to the Rock the Range Franklin Graham Festival!  This adventure had a lot of firsts and some all too familiars!
First of all this was my first live experience of a Graham event, the first time I ever heard The Afters in concert and the first time I ever saw Michael W. Smith up close in person.  
One familiar thing that occurred though, was getting lost! Just about every time my sisters and I go to Denver we get lost. I think it’s to the fault of the computer map makers. Who are these people? “Stay right” Does that mean stay in the right lane? Or stay right into that exit lane? Oops! It was the exit lane! The problem with driving in places you don’t know is the moment you leave the designated route… you’re lost. I remember (on one of our many “lost” occasions) coming up with the statement that, “Driving in any unfamiliar area is really just a controlled state of lost,” thus insinuating I can’t really get lost!
Yet no matter how you put it once you miss your exit you can NEVER seem to be able to turn around and try again! You’re then required to go into alternate route search, (and this very reason was why I bought an up to date map of Denver. For some reason I knew getting lost could be a possibility!)
Now if you’ve ever been lost you’ll know you rarely ever get lost in a real ritzy neighborhood! You always find yourself circling through the rundown ghetto!
From being lost many times I have learned that the best thing to do is get the map out RIGHT AWAY! Don’t guess for a while just read the map! I suppose it's like the Bible. Go to the map right away, don't do what "feels" right, just go directly to the truth. (And trust me, doing what "feels" right never works out in life or driving!)
I’ve also learned DO NOT PANIC. Hasty maneuvers only lead to near misses and terrified passengers!
I have been blessed to live in a dummy proof state though! You can never get totally turned around because the Mountains are always to the West! (Unless you live on the western slopes!)
We did find an alternate route and made it to the event just in time! We had so much fun!
It threatened rain and started to sprinkle just before Franklin got up to give his message but the announcer guy came up and said we were all going to pray for the rain to stop and it did! (It was truly a miracle for I’ve lived in CO long enough to know that look of a downpour coming and it was coming!)  
There was also one more first that came from this event and that is I launched my first video up on You Tube! (I feel like an old lady saying that! It’s 2011! Come on!) I’m really excited though! So please check it out! (Tell your friends to check it out too!)
Here's some additional pics!

The Afters


It wasn't a huge crowd. (Good sized but not huge.)

Tents, mountains, and the coming storm.

Franklin Graham.

Michael W. Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte