Just for Laughs: The Importance of Snow Removal and Wagons

   The other day, Betsy and I were going to go out and drop off our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. I started my Explorer and turned on the defrost because there was still snow on the hood pushing up onto the windshield. We opened the back and loaded our boxes as well as some additional items for our other errands. When we finally got all our things together and climbed into the car I noticed it smelled like exhausted because the door had been open so long. I decided to open the windows and we started off. At the end of the street I stopped at a stop sign and a big sheet of snow slid off the roof down the windshield. I hit the wipers just as Betsy warned me, “That snow is going to come in the window.”
   A little did fall in the driver’s side and I laughed as I brushed it out. I turned the corner and started down the road when all of a sudden a pile of snow fell off the roof and came into the window landing on Betsy. I started laughing as she jumped up to keep from sitting in it. I then went to shut the window but was too slow and another pile came dumping in on her. I was laughing so hard when she frantically asked me to pull over. I stopped the car on the side of the road and laughed. I eventually climbed out and went to her side to help her sweep the snow out of the car. I had some towels in the back seat and we wiped things down. I got back in and Betsy started apologizing for getting my wooden console wet. I didn’t understand the big deal thinking not that much snow could have reached that point. I looked down to see the cup holder soaked and she explained that when the snow had fallen in, she was so excited about getting out of the way she hadn’t noticed that she was dumping her water bottle on herself! Of course I laughed!
   After getting resettled I closed the windows though there was no need to anymore because all the snow had fallen off.  
   Well we eventually got to the church where we were going to drop off our shoeboxes for OCC. I really need to get a little wagon because every year I have the same problem; only two hands and too many boxes to carry in, in one trip (which I have to do everything in one trip. I call myself “One Trip Wendy”) So here’s Betsy and I in the parking lot: 4 hands 11 boxes. There’s got to be a way! I took out one of the booster car seats I had in the back seat and laid it back down in the parking lot. I could then pile six boxes on it and picked it up while  Betsy carried the other five. Now six shoes boxes jammed full of a stuff and booster car seat are a lot heavier than you’d think. Of course our obnoxious “One Trip” nature got us laughing which makes carrying things twice as hard! Betsy was obviously delighted when we saw that the church had automatic doors and she managed to press the button with her foot. Just so you know automatic doors were made for safety, not speed!
   Of course this was one of those fancy churches with the double door entry. (Both having handicap buttons) As we fought our way through the doors laughing hysterically, a lady was coming down the hall looking at us.
   As we came in I said “We have some shoeboxes to drop off.”
   She replied blandly, “I can see that.”
   The moral of the story?
   Always clean your car off or don’t open the windows! Never scare someone who’s holding an open bottle of water, and buy a wagon! Oh, and don’t forget to laugh at yourself. It’s so much fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte