Just for Laughs: The Trick


Do you ever wish you could be a fly on the wall somewhere? Well today was my chance. I was out in the garage with my dad and the little kids. I was cleaning engine parts (my dad and I started rebuilding my engine!) Anyway, I was scraping old black gunk off of things while my dad cleaned play-dough out of the kids' shoes. Apparently he was teasing "tricking" them a little by lifting their feet up extra high when he checked for play-dough. When he finished he went inside and the kids played while I continued to scrap gunk. Suddenly, Lindsey and Josephbegan to giggle. I glanced over as Lindsey said, "Let's play a trick on him [Dad]" Both giggled along as Joseph said, "Remember, do unto other as you want them to do to you!" (-: (If Dad tricks you it's only Biblical to trick him back!)
So they loaded up his lawn chair with something (I couldn't see from where I was sitting) and they covered it with paper, then Lindsey and Joseph hid in the back of garage to wait and watch. There was a lot of giggling, whispering and shhhhh... as they waited. Soon Chick (Alexis) and Abby discovered the giggle party in the corner and decided to join. Now all of them sat in this back corner snickering and by this time I couldn't help but start snickering too. I called to them and asked if they wanted Dad to sit down. They said yes and I decided I'd help their cause whenever Dad showed up. After a while Dad came back out and I jumped in and said.
"Hey Dad, why don't you sit down?" he looked over at the giggling group, and played along. (Apparently Lindsey had also called in to the house earlier to beckon him out for a chair!) Then he talked about how much he really wanted to sit down and then sat down in the lawn chair as the kids rushed out in laughter and dog-piled him.
Scraping gunk isn't very interesting, but I was glad I'd stuck with it long enough to see the trick on Dad!
Always remember, "Trick unto others as you want them to trick you!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte