Let's Go Golfing!


My dad has played golf for as long as I can remember. He used to take my sisters and I over to the golf course when we were little and we'd have putting contests. As we got older Betsy became interested in playing herself and I went with she and my dad to the driving range just to mess around. We still had some putting contests and I even learned how to chip. But despite my golf filled upbringing, I never found any serious interest in the game. Recently my mom started going out to play nine with Betsy and they'd come home to tell of the great time they had. My mom even got a hole-in-one once! (The hole was a Par 3) The course they play is all Par 3's and I walked along one of the first times Lady played there. I took pictures of the scenery that time, but in the back of my mind I thought, This place doesn't look so hard, I bet I could even play here. 
So this morning, Betsy, my mom, and I set out for the course so I could play my first round of golf! 

Mom on the tee.

Me practice swinging before I really try hitting.

Ready! Set! Go!

Betsy looks very professional and is actually very good!

I didn't hit this one so good. There were a LOT of geese on this hole.

On number 8 we all hit the green on our first try! (my first and last time of the day!)

Nine holes that are all par 3's don't add up to 65, but I had fun anyway! 
I don't need any more hobbies, but I can see why people get hooked on golf. The whole time you play you just keep thinking. If I could just figure this out, I know I could do better! :-D
Happy Golfing!


Comments

  1. I had a great time! Glad you decided to join us.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte