Remove from Me the Way of Lying



Remove from me the way of lying,
And grant me Your law graciously.
Psalm 119:29

When I read my Bible I’m not generally compelled or moved by verses like this. Lying was never a practice I held. When I was little there were two automatic spanking offenses, lying and talking back (Sassing). Thus the amount of times I have deliberately lied could probably be counted out on one hand. It just wasn’t an option in my mind.
As I listened to my audio Bible the other day this verse jumped out at me. It’s already been stated that I have rarely ever told a lie, but how many times have I believed a lie? How many times have I left my mind wide open for the enemy to plant false thoughts? How often have I allowed those thoughts to take root and have found myself living by them as if they were truth?

Remove from me the way of lying,

I don’t want to believe a lie, just as much as I don’t want to tell one. But after living by them so long you find their condemning sway strong and crippling. Daily you pass judgment upon yourself based on reasoning you don’t know. You have tried to revive the curse and make yourself the judge of good and evil. But your judgment is not righteous but based on the lies of the flesh. If you were still of the “Old Man” I would not consider this a surprise, but you are not of the “Old Man” you have been made new and have been brought into Christ by His blood and baptism. Why then do we still struggle in the curse?

Remove from me the way of lying,

How then shall I live? Repent! And turn from these evils we have allowed into our mind. To say we are not of fault for these things is a falsehood. We are not victims to the thoughts of our minds and thus we have no excuse. Jesus broke the curse and paid the price for me to have victory in my mind! Why then would I stay in this shackled state?

Remove from me the way of lying,

Thoughts pop into our minds all the time, but just become they knock on the door, doesn’t mean we have to open up to them. We have all authority in Jesus Christ to send them away.
We used to have a lot of salesmen coming to the door. So my mom decided to put up a “No Soliciting” sign. Since then we’ve only had one salesman who failed to read the sign. We have full authority over our home and our property and we are not obligated to show courtesy to anyone. Why should I have to be nice to a trespasser?
But what about the thoughts and lies that have already gotten their foot in the door? Or worse yet have come inside? Well it’s time to exercise our authority in Christ and KICK’EM OUT!
Several years ago a vacuum salesman came to the house and somehow ended up in the living room vacuuming the rug. I didn’t like him and I hung about as he tried to convince my mother she needed this vacuum. Repeatedly my mother told him she was not interested but he didn’t listen. Finally his blatant disregard to her kind refusal pushed me over the edge and I confronted him boldly and demanded he leave. He seemed surprised at my words but still didn’t leave right away, thus in my indignation I gathered up his vacuum parts for him and threw them out on the front lawn. He finally got the point and left with great haste. Did I enjoy that moment? Absolutely not! But I would not stand by and let a trespasser treat my mother with such disregard. Why then do I allow myself to be treated with such disregard? Why do I allow these lies to remain in my living room to attack me daily?  
Do you hate them yet? Okay! Let’s see what the Word says about kicking them out.  

I have chosen the way of truth;
Your judgments I have laid before me.
Psalm 119:30

I have risen up in indignation and have chosen the way of Truth. Our one power, the power to choose. In our stupidity we chose to let them in, now in our understanding we must choose to see them out. And whose judgments shall we lay before us? Ours? No!
Your Judgments I have laid before me. The word Judgments in this verse means: a verdict. His verdict of me I shall lay before me.

Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
And revive me in Your way.
Establish Your word to Your servant,
Who is devoted to fearing You.
Turn away my reproach which I dread,
For Your Judgments are good.
Psalm 119:37-39

Turn away and be revived in His way. Be established in His Word, His Truth. Receive His judgments as good that He way turn away the reproach that came from your own judgments.
So hang up your “No Soliciting” sign by taking EVERY thought captive.

4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
2 Corinthians 10:4-6

YEAH!!! Now that’s some good Truth! I certainly recommend pulling out this one the next time a lying thought comes knocking! “Oh you want to come in? FORGET IT! You can taste my sword and receive your punishment! HA HA!”
See, the battle of the mind is not a hopeless fight. We have the weaponry, we just need to use it.

Dear Lord,
Remove from me the way of lying,
And grant me Your law graciously.
I choose the way of truth,
And Your judgments I lay before me.
Turn away my eyes from looking at
Worthless things, and revive me in Your way.
Establish Your Word to me Your servant,
Who is devoted to fearing You.
Turn away my reproach which I dread,
For Your judgments are good. 

Comments

  1. I never thought of that verse that way either. It is so powerful. I think it is time to put up that sign "No Solicitation" by the door of my mind.
    Thanks for sharing the "Truth" And for throwing that vacuum salesman out!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte