I Know that Day is Coming



I just have to wait, but I know that day is coming.

The day your face is more than a picture on the refrigerator.
The day your name is a call, not a hope.
The day I hear your voice in the other room and not my tearful prayers in the night.
The day I look at your crib with love not longing.
The day I carry you in my arms and not this restless burden.
The day I forever forget what it was like before you.

In a moment, what has been complete in my heart all this time, will finally be before me.
I will finally get to really touch it... to really hold it... to really kiss it.
And I'll finally get to see, what the Father saw this whole time...

You at Home.

I know that day is coming... I just have to wait.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte