Do You Believe Your God?


Written by: Betsy Peterson

So the learning subject of the week is Faith. I have found that if the Lord tells me something that is not in the Bible, not in the sense it’s not truth, but something personal to me or my life. If that makes sense? My faith is weak, not always weak more like I am on a faith roller coaster, sometimes it is up and other times down. And it seems almost like I am fighting with myself, I know when the Lord is telling me something and when the enemy is trying to bait me as it says:

 To Him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear His voice: and He calleth His own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when He putteth forth his own sheep, He goeth before them, and the sheep follow Him: for they know His voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
~John 10: 3-5

If this is true then why do we question our hearing? We trust our God, but to what point? Do we have a place where it is just too hard, we feel like we are crazy and alone and it has gone too far? Is there a limit to our faith? 
He will use these times to stretch our faith and build us stronger, but are we limiting that, because of our own fears? The enemy has his classic lines from Genesis and on, like: "Did He really say?" "What if all of this comes to nothing?" "How humiliating if you are wrong?" "How will you trust your God if this does not come to pass?" 
NO! THAT IS ALL A LIE! DON"T BELIEVE IT FOR A SECOND!!!

What is truth? What does The Word of God say? Is it speaking as loud if not louder then the enemy? Are we entertaining the lies or the truth?

We are to trust the Lord:

They that trust in the LORD [shall be] as mount Zion, [which] cannot be removed, [but] abideth for ever.
Psalms 125:1

Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring [it] to pass. 
Psalm 37:3

The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate.
Psalms 34:22

We are to have faith:

Many stories of Jesus' healing and forgiving were according to the person’s faith.

For verily I say unto you, if ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Matthew 17:20

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

He Can't Lie:

God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do [it]? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?
Numbers 23:19

The Holy Spirit brought that verse in Hebrews to mind the other day. We want to find something to prove that the Lord spoke, proof He will do it, but what does it say? Faith is the evidence of things unseen, our faith is the proof. 
It says in the verse in Numbers hath He said, and shall He not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good? The question seems hidden in this verse "Do you believe your God or not?"

So we have a choice, we have been given the power to choose. No one is making us, it our choice, will we have faith that holds fast to our God and what He has said or will we sink continually in our doubt? 

He will get the glory due His name, but will we in our faith glorify our God or will we be surprised in our unbelief when what He has said comes to pass? The choice is ours, but if we choose faith we must ask the Holy Spirit for His help, and if we do He will. May we stand firm on God the Rock, unwavering and unmoved. And may the enemy remain nothing to us but a liar that comes to steal, kill, and destroy. May we go forth in the Life and the Power of our God.

I make a declaration here and now that I choose to believe my God and all that He has spoken! Holy Spirit I ask that You would help me as I walk forward in this choice, alert me of the enemies schemes to put me down. Lord I put my faith in You for I know You cannot lie and that You will do that which You have spoken, may You receive the glory due Your name! In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte