The Gift in Your Hands


Some days the desires I have in my heart seem bigger than the life I have to put them in.
Tonight was one of those nights. I have a passion for orphans and advocating for them, and the more I serve them the more I want to do for them.
But I can't always do everything I dream up to do. There are so many wonderful things a person could do to help if only they had...
As I sat at my desk a little frustrated a song came on my itunes: Thank You - By Ray Bolz (another oldie!) For the young people out there, this song starts with a man having a dream of heaven and you are there with him. Over the course of the song a number of people come up to "you" and thank you for giving to the Lord.

Thank you, for giving to the Lord,
I am  a life that was change.
Thank you, for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave.
 
This song got me to asking myself the question, what have I been given to give?
I can't help every orphan, I don't have unlimited resources to travel the world, or a bottomless bank account that would allow me to fund every great idea. But I've been given something to give.
Then I thought of the gift in my hands, like the kings that came to Jesus, each bearing one gift in their hands. They all had different gifts, but each had given his life to give what he had to Jesus.
 
Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.

Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1 Timothy 4:14-16
 
Do not neglect the gift that is in you... give yourself entirely to them.
I can't do everything, but I can do one thing, the thing that the Lord has called me to do.
 
"Thank you Lord, for this precious gift that you have given me to give to You."

 

“And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
Matthew 25:34-36;40


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte