The Hope


Today I was driving slowly through a tight parking lot when I spotted an elderly man dressed in a windbreaker suit and a helmet. He had a helpless searching look on his face as he stood beside a motorcycle that was lying flat on its side. My assessment was his bike had fallen over and he couldn’t pick it back up by himself. I wished to stop and help him, but there were no open parking spaces and people following me. As I pulled out of the parking lot I prayed someone would go and help him, because there was nothing more I could do.
I recently felt this way after talking with a dear friend. I was the listening ears as she shared the challenges she was facing. After the conversation was over, I walked away and prayed for her, because there was nothing more I could do.
I have great confidence that the man with the motorcycle will not stand in that parking lot all night.
I also have great confidence that my friend will not remain in this place of challenge forever. Because the places that stretch us lead us to new sight; the places of wrestling lead us to greater strength; and the places of aching lead us to cling to Him more.
I know for myself I don’t really like those seasons of purifying and challenge, but there is a promise.
 
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8

In the most trying moments of my life, when all I can do is throw my hands in the air and scream “I CAN’T DO THIS!!!” Are the same moments I feel Him closest to me. Not to relieve me, not deliver me, but to remain with me.
Sometimes He loves us in a way we don’t appreciate, by allowing us to remain in places we don’t like, because He knows what’s best for us. But we have this promise.

For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

So to all those who find themselves in the challenges of life, please know I don’t quote these scriptures or say these things to make you feel miserable! I speak these words with all humbleness desiring to bring only encouragement. Because I know that quoting a scripture doesn’t make life easy to live out, but I also know that there is hope in the Truth. Hope to press on and fight another day.

looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte