The Millionaires Vault


I recently worked in a million dollar home. It had all the fancy fixings, 10 bathrooms, and a vault.
The first day we were there we got to see the vault and go inside. I stepped out of the vault and thought: What would I put in there?
When someone says "treasure" what do you think of?
As I stepped outside of that vault and thought of my greatest "treasures" I had to smile. I certainly wouldn't put my treasures in a vault because it would be mean to lock my family in there!
When someone says "treasure" I think of children. The lost treasures (orphans) that are waiting to be discovered.
On Sunday night, as we worked in the million dollar home, it grew later and darker outside. It had been a long week yet I had one thought on my mind. "I'm doing this for Aaron."
And despite my weariness, hunger, and the thought of having to get up the next morning to go to work again, I had a joy.
These people labored to build this castle, with all the beautiful things you could buy, but I had the joy of laboring for something that was far more valuable.
Aaron's life is too priceless for even a vault to hold. And when that vault is laid to rust and ruin, Aaron will be spending eternity with his Lord.
I don't ever want to own anything I have to keep in a vault.
 
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:20-21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte