Your Play-Doh Past Does Not Define You

When I was young Play-Doh was very valuable. You NEVER mixed the colors, because we didn't get new Play-Doh all the time and you wanted it to stay nice. I even remember adding water to our Play-Doh when it started to get hard so we could play with it again.
Times were tight then. We always had food to eat, nice clothes to wear, and toys to play with, but we couldn't buy Play-Doh in great abundance.
Now times are different. My mom has found the delightful freedom of allowing my younger siblings to mix their Play-Doh and when they run out of new colors, she can just pop over to the store and buy some more!
Still when I played with them, I didn't feel that freedom. I would cringe inside when I would watch them mix the colors. Would think of the waste when they didn't want to play with the old colors (they had mixed). And when I played I NEVER mixed the colors.
The other day I was talking to my mom about this and found out how glad she was that we no longer have to be that tight with Play-Doh and I felt I was missing something.
So today I had Betsy pick up a 4 pack of Play-Doh at the store and I invited her to "play" with me.
And then for the first time we deliberately mixed the colors together. We ended up with a lovely army green color and decided to make something out of it!

My hippo and bird.

Betsy's turtle eating a leaf.

When we had finished playing, we completed our freeing experience, by throwing the Play-Doh away. Because WE CAN GET MORE!!! Isn't that great!
This experience though, got me to thinking about more than just Play-Doh. 

If the Lord has made us free, why do we still live like slaves?

If the Father has adopted us as His own, then why do we still live like orphans?

And if the Lord has brought us into the Light, then why do we still listen to the dark?

We have been given abundance, yet we still live like we are in poverty.

The Lord has FREED YOU from the bondage of sin.
The Father has ADOPTED YOU as His own.
And you NEVER have to go back to that dark place you came from.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Galatians 5:1

Your past does not define you. CHRIST defines you. 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

You are a new creation! A child of the King of kings! And all He has is now yours. So don't live in what was, live in what is!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte