A Great Treasure!


I always get sad when I think of the precious children who enter this world and there is no one there to celebrate their life or every birthday after.
I wasn’t there when Lindsey was born and I wasn’t with her when she celebrated her first birthday, but today I was here to celebrate her ninth!
We took her to her favorite restaurant for pepperoni pizza and since it was her birthday she got to get a free dessert! She chose the chocolate cake with ice cream and when the kind waitress brought it to our table she asked what Lindsey’s name was and how old she was going to be. Then she announced to the entire restaurant that today was Lindsey’s ninth birthday. I watched the other guests smile and clap, before everyone joined in to sing Happy Birthday. Everyone clapped again and our waitress even wished Lindsey a Happy Birthday as we left.
In that moment I got to see the Lord’s delight. Lindsey is His treasure. He was there on the day she was born; He was watching out for her as she celebrated her first birthday; and He was there today letting everyone know just how great she is!
We are His treasures and no matter how you may see yourself, the Lord thinks you’re great! And just like that waitress today, He beams with delight as He announced to everyone, “Look! Look at this treasure of Mine! I made this life! And it’s great!”
I looked at Lindsey this morning and wondered how she grew up so fast! It seems like only yesterday that little baby came into our home and changed our lives forever.
I delight in knowing Lindsey will never again have to be alone on her birthday, and I’m so glad the Lord picked my family and I to be the ones who get to celebrate it with her every year! No matter where we are, this day will always be a celebration! A celebration of the day a treasure was born.  

I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the LORD,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.
Isaiah 45:3

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Lindsey!! I pray that you have a blessed next year and that you grow to love Jesus more.
    Makenna D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte