Echoing Thunder! Supplying My Lack


One day I held a little hand in mine as a precious voice asked me to say "hi" to her. I greeted her and smiled before her slender frame hugged me repeatedly. Finally she kissed my cheek and waited for me to return the tender gesture. I complied and savored the sweet moment.
Some would say this little girl lacked vision, because she was blind. But somehow the Lord used her lack of sight to give me vision I'd never had before.
This little girl inspired me to write a story. A story called Echoing Thunder. 

Today as I prepared these posts and emails for the big release I found myself flipping to the back of the book to see what I had said in my author's notes. To my great shock and disappointment I found that half of a sentence was missing! Right in the middle of the author's notes. You've got to be kidding. I groaned as I searched frantically to find out where the flaw had happened. How could my editors have missed this? They didn't. Somewhere in the uploading process, that half a line was deleted by the computer.
What am I going to do? The book releases tomorrow! Then I looked to the Lord knowingly. You allowed this to happen. Now what? I know He could have pointed this mistake out to me before I had ordered all these copies of the book, before this day before I was to release this story... but He didn't. And I knew He had a reason for it.  If the Lord can use the foolish to shame the wise, the weak to shame the mighty, and the things that are not to bring to nothing the things that are, then this book that seems to be missing something, is the perfect voice.
That little girl, who held my hand and kissed my cheek seemed to be missing something too, but... what if she hadn't been born blind? I would have never had the honor of meeting her. I would have never wrote this story. The world says that those with special needs lack, but I don't agree.

But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack - that there may be equality.
2 Corinthians 8:14

This book is dedicated specifically to the cause of blind orphans, but also to all special needs children. The children who seem to "lack" but like 2 Corinthians 8:14 says, the Lord uses their abundance to supply for our lack. 
In turn I would like to give from my abundance to supply their lack.
The profit from the sale of this specific book will be given to Bethel Foster home in China.

Echoing Thunder (book 6) is Now Available!!!
"Listen to the thunder Daddy," Abby said... 
In the life she had always dreamed...
   Ten-year-old Abby Morgan is overjoyed to finally have a family of her own.
   When Abby's neighbors, the grumpy Mrs. Toss and her husband take in a foster child, Abby and the Cooper children swoop in to help.
   Undaunted by Abby's blindness, these new friends work together, to prepare for the town rodeo.
   But when their new friend mysteriously disappears, are the Toss's truly to blame?
   Uncover the secrets in, Echoing Thunder!


You can learn more about this book or purchase it at: Rachel Peterson's Books or you can email me at: Contact Us! 

You can learn more about Bethel Foster home by visiting:

Their website: www.bethelchina.org

Their Facebook Page: Bethel China


This video from 2010 shares some of the vision and heart behind Bethel Fostor Home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte