For with the Same Measure

"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
Luke 6:38

I don't give to get. If you were looking over a business proposition you might look at the above verse and think, it sounds like a good deal. But when you give to the Lord you don't give for what you may get in return, you give because He so freely gave to you. 

So when the Lord started bringing this verse to mind over the last month I wondered about it. 

"Thanks for the reminder Lord, nice promise, but You know that I don't give to get anything in return anyway."

But what was He really revealing? This morning as I was driving home from the post office this verse came again to my mind. And it's truth brought tears to my eyes. I get to choose. 

For with the same measure that you use...

We get to decide. We get to decide the measure, and it's not just about giving money. I get to decide the measure that I'll use to give my life. 
If I measure out all my life and give it to Him then He'll measure out all His life and give it to me. 
But if I don't, He won't, because I get to decide the measure. 

For with the same measure that you use...
What measure are you using?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte