My Job Moment

It's easy to sing when there's nothing to bring me down,
But what will I say when I'm held to the flame like I am right now?

The question that remains unanswered in the life of most followers of Christ is this:

Why doesn't God take away my pain and suffering?

This question has shaken the faith of many a believer and many have fallen over it. We all have our Job moments, or seasons in life. When incredible suffering and pain, whether physical or emotional, hit our lives. And it's in these times that this question isn't far away. 

In these times we can't answer for Him, but we can answer for us. 
When the tears are in our eyes, and the pain is so excruciating there's nothing that brings relief. We have the opportunity to answer. 

Will you curse God and die for what you don't understand? (Job 2:9) Will you allow depression and despair to overtake you? I've felt the pull of those dark clouds, I've felt the anger of helplessness and I know how hard it is to lay your life in His hands and accept the cup He's given when it's filled with misery. 

This is our opportunity to answer. We can be destroyed or we can be the destroyer.
Tonight I rose up and sang out from the weakness of my being...

I know You're able, 
I know You can,
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
but even if You don't
my hope is You alone!

I know the sorrow,
I know the hurt,
 Would all go away if You'd just say the word,
But even if You don't my hope is You alone!


You can declare it laying down, you can declare it from your heart when your lips are too weak to speak, it doesn't matter the answer is the same. 

In this moment you are untouchable, as you rise up out of the trenches. The war silences while you walk right up to the enemy and cut him down with your answer!

I WILL NEVER CURSE MY GOD!
Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him!

And the enemy can do nothing! NOTHING! It's easy to declare our alliance with Christ when the sun is shining and our strength is within us. But when we're laying weak in the dark and that cloud of doubt hangs over our heads that's when we can fortify our immovability! 
If the enemy can't touch you when you're here than he can't touch you anywhere! 

So when you find yourself in your own Job moment, I encourage you to take your stand! And you will find His strength in your weakness as I have.

Even If (Official Lyric Video) by Mercy Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But at Midnight...

Was it Worth it?

The Secret Lies with Charlotte